Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Six Things Weird About Me

Mandy tagged me, and so now I have something farily interesting to blog about today.
Thanks, Mandy!

To do this yourself, link to the person who tagged you. Mention the rules on your blog. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about yourself. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

So. . .
1 - Like Mandy, I have an ice thing. But for me, it isn't so much about quality as it is quantity. I always have to have an odd number of ice cubes in my glass at home. If the drink is already cold, 5 ice cubes will suffice. But if it's a fresh batch of not-yet-chilled lemonade, I must have at least 7 ice cubes, or 9 or 11. I've honestly tried to use 4 or 6 or 8, but I really can't. I have to put just one more in to make it an odd number.

2 - Again, like Mandy, there's a dream thing:
I always have very detailed dreams, and very bizarre (according to Jim). But my obsession is that I have to tell someone all about my dream when I wake up. If Jim has already gone to work when I get up, I tell whichever child is up first. I hate for the dreams to just disappear without acknowledging them - even the bad ones.

3 - If I am having an "ugly" day, or if I have to go out in public feeling ugly (i.e. early morning milk run) I just pretend I am invisible. Nobody can see me and so nobody knows how "ugly" I can really be.

4 - I'm sure that I have early-onset Alzheimer's. I have great recall of unimportant details from my past, but where the heck did I park my car?

5 - When I was a kid I had a horrible habit of smelling everything! I won't go into the disgusting details, but the habit ended abruptly when my dad pushed my face into my birthday cake while I was sniffing it.

6 - I get very annoyed when people use an incorrect word or pronounce a word incorrectly (even though I have done this myself). I am especially annoyed when people say "acrost" and "reconize". Poor spelling is another peeve, but I try to be kind with it since I am the only person in my house who can spell.

OK - So I don't necessarily want to "tag" everyone. I just would really love to see 6 weird things about all of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh PLEASE dont tag me ugh lol. I
would disappoint you for sure. By the
way the ice thing is a little odd
lol. Im wacky but I dont have an
ice thing or a number thing about
anything. I dont care how many ice
cubes as long as there are plenty
& my drink is cold =)~~~

Anonymous said...

BTW Obama is gonna kick McCaine's
lilly white ass lol =)~~~

Andrea said...

Next time I have to make an early morning milk run, I will have to remember the invisible thing! Does it work when you forget that the deacons are coming for fast offerings?