Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Needed

When I was younger, I sometimes felt insignificant. I felt that I wasn't needed by anybody.
I felt that my existence didn't make a difference in anybody's life. Of course I was important to my parents and I knew they loved me. I didn't feel unloved. I just really wanted to make a difference to somebody.

Fast-forward 20 years.....
I am more needed now than I can sometimes handle.
Now I feel like there isn't enough of me to go around.

"Mom.....

...I need help with my homework!"
...what's for dinner?"
...there aren't any clean socks!"
...I'm hungry!"
...what's for snack?"
...my project is due tomorrow!"
...you need to sign this!"
...I need new shoes!"
...will you read to me?"
...the toilet's clogged!"
...he won't leave me alone!"
...where's my other shoe?"
...I stepped in dog poop!"
...we need to go look at Prom dresses!"
...can you fix this?"
...there's no good cereal!"
...where's my backpack?"

But the hardest so far...

Mom.....he lied to me. He's not going to take me to Prom!"
Dealing with heartbreak.....that's going to be tough.
But it's good to be needed.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I hear you. I am sorry about the broken heart thing. Doesn't it feel like yesterday that it was our hearts getting broken?? Sweet girl. I know how bad it hurts.

Anonymous said...

that so sad

Linny said...

Tell all those people who need you to go take a LONG nap!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

I want his name and address.