Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School/Back to Work

As much as I'm sure you all enjoy looking at Nikita's lovely face, I'm sure you'd like to see something new for a change.
So would I!
So. . . What is new here?
The kids are back at school. Yeahhh!!!
But, unfortunately, my nice summer "break" is over, too. I cut my work down to two days a week during the summer so I could enjoy it with the kids. And now I am going back to full time.
What this means now is that with kids needing homework help, papers signed, dinner made and some sort of schedule kept, that I'll be going back to my old cranky self. The house will fall back into chaos (well, has fallen), and I'll be getting a lot less sleep and exercise. So not only will I be cranky again, I will also be sleepy and chubby!
Oh, and guess what I learned yesterday?
Utah schools provide all the school supplies for children in elementary grades.

Anybody want some binders, pens, pencils, crayons, glue sticks, markers, folders, notebooks and paper with "Andre" or "Ivan" written on them???

3 comments:

barterboutique said...

back to school blues, huh?
and i'll take new school supplies any day. i'm sure i could craft my around the names, but i'd most likely be too lazy and just use a big sharpie to black them out!

Austin said...

regarding the free school supplies, they make great christmas presents.

just add "From:" before their name.

A bottle of glue! "From: Ivan"

A number two pencil! "From: Andre"

aw, thanks you guys!

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid the school supplied all our supplies too.
I remember those big fat blue
#2 pencils and the thick lined
paper that smelled funny.